Retro Gaming at it's finest

16 bit is not cool

Followers

Friday, March 25, 2011

My rant about blogging

Hey followers, sorry I haven't been able to make many posts lately.  This has to do with many factors, one of which is the MMO game "Rift" which, if you notice my twitter feed on the right is a great game which I have been spending alot of time with.
The other reason is that blogging has become quite a chore for me.  As you get more followers, diminishing returns start to hit you hard.  Making my blogging rounds would take anywhere from 4-5 hours out of my day.  This is sort of ridiculous when you factor in having a job, and a life.  I couldn't even make a post everyday, because of the way the system works, the more people who visit and support you, the more likely you are to get booted off here.  I won't even get into the amount of followers and views I receive per day, relative to how many people actually comment on my posts.  Anyway, TL;DR blogging is alot of work for not much reward.  Most of the people who I enjoyed reading have quit or disappeared suddenly.

I guess it's just me being a whiner though, because when it comes down to it, I do enjoy writing and hopefully making one or two of you laugh a little with my posts, which is why I will try to get back into making regular updates after today.  <3

13 comments:

  1. well welcome back! I hope you find the situation a little bit easier on you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ranters gonna rant!

    I like the pip boy as star trek lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear what you're saying, lots of bloggers disappear because blogging can become a little bit of a job at times and sometimes you are a victim of your own success, keep going but not if it's not making you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, maybe I shouldn't buy Rift. I want it, but I enjoy having a life...

    Decisions decisions. WB, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate. I'm starting to get bogged down now too. But I like watching the movies on my blog so I keep it up. Hope to read more from you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOhh, looking forward to regular updates.
    and I just couldn't get into rift, no matter how hard i tried :S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'm glad to hear you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I'm glad to see you back. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree, but I am also partially responsible. Sometimes I just don't feel like updating or reading other people's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. really, this can be a huge chore/headache. I try to update with new posts 3 times a week (every other day) and usually reward myself with weekends off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear ya man. I feel like we're dying off slowly one by one... I've been slacking on my posts lately too so don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete